The Beijing Marathon Registration
I. Event Information
Date: October 21, 2012
Route: from Tian’anmen Square to the Celebration Square of the Central Zone of Beijing Olympic Park (The Landscape Avenue between Bird’s Nest and Water Cube)
Events: Marathon (42.195Km), Half Marathon (21.0975Km), 9KM, MiniMarathon (4.2Km)
II. Registration Requirements
(I) Age Requirements
1. Only participants above age 20 are eligible to participate in the marathon (runners born before October 16, 1991);
2. Only participants above age 16 are eligible to participate in the half marathon (runners born before October 16, 1995);
3. Only participants above age 15 are eligible to participate in the 9Km(runners born before October 16, 1996);
4. Participants above age 13 are eligible to participate in the mini marathon (runners born before October 16, 1998);
5. Children under 13 may register for “Family Run” accompanied by their parents (guardians).
Participants shall register according to the age requirements of each event with valid credentials (ID card, passport, Military ID etc.).
(II) Health Requirements
Marathon is a sport which exposes a participant to intense physical and mental challenges over a long distance and extended period of time. Joining in marathon also poses high risks, which requires all participants to be in good health and regularly engaged in jogging or running activities prior to competition. Participants can join in only one of marathon events according to personal health condition and competence.
Runners suffering from the following conditions are unsuitable to join in any marathon events:
1. Congenital or rheumatic heart disease;
2. Hypertension or cerebrovascular disease;
3. Myocarditis and other heart disease;
4. Coronary artery disease and serious arrhythmia;
6. Any other diseases which can be aggravated by running.
During the race, any personal injury or property loss due to health or other personal reasons shall be borne by the participant. Beijing Marathon Organizing Committee recommends that each participant should have a physical examination in relevant healthcare facility before the race.
(III) Restriction on Number of Participants
The maximum number of participants for Marathon is 8,500, the maximum number of participants for Half Marathon is 6,000, the maximum number of participants for the 9KM is 5,000 and for the Mini Marathon is 9,000. Participants totaled 30,000. The registration will be stopped once all the placements are filled. (All confirmed registers shall receive the serial number upon successful payment)
III. Registration Information
(I) The registration is divided into two stages, formal registration and standby registration. A serial number will be received upon successful payment. And after the registration deadline, the race number and race item collecting list will be sent to participant. The fee standard is set according to the date of registration, specific event and different participants. Beijing Marathon Organizing Committee shall have the right to decide whether an entry is accepted or not according to the registration situation. Registration fees are non-refundable upon successful registration.
1. Formal Registration Stage (from June 16, 2012 to July 30, 2012 at 17:00)
(1) Chinese participants (including people from Hong Kong, Macao andTaiwan): Marathon: 90 RMB per person; Half Marathon, 9KM and Mini Marathon: 50 RMB per person.
(2) Foreign participants: Marathon: 60 USD per person; Half Marathon, 9KMand Mini Marathon: 55 USD per person.
2. Standby Registration Stage (from August 1, 2012 to August 15, 2012 at 17:00)
(1) Chinese participants (including people from Hong Kong, Macao andTaiwan): Marathon: 150 RMB per person; Half Marathon, 9KM and Mini Marathon: 100 RMB per person.
(2) Foreign participants: 100 USD per person for all marathon events.
3. Announcement Date of Race Number: August 17, 2012
Participants may visit the official website to see the race number by using their own name, ID card number or mobile number.
4. Athlete Level Reaching Standard:
Participates registering for athlete level reaching standard shall hold valid credentials to Beijing Zhaorui Sports and Culture Exchange Center in Xuanwu District to apply for entry on site. When making registration, participant shall select the level of reaching standard in the registration form, pay registration fee as required and submit 1-inch bear-headed photo and electronic scanned image of the second generation ID card.
5. Timing Chips: Beijing Marathon Organizing Committee will provide theMarathon (42.195Km) participants with timing chips. The race shall be started by the firing of a gun at 8: 00, and all the Marathon participants MUST pass the ground timing chips settled in 10KM, 15KM, half way, 30KM,35KM and finish). The lake of result in any of the above slot will lead to cancellation of a participant’s whole race results.
Timing Chip Deposit: Chinese participant: 100 RMB per person, foreign participant: 16 USD per person; the deposit shall be paid along with the registration fee and gave out on site at Beijing Marathon Expo (the place to collect race items) and at the meantime the race number will be announced.
Refund Policy: the time for refund is from October 13, 2012 to October 28, 2012. Participants may refund chips at Beijing Marathon Expo (the place to collect race items), chip refund place at the finish during race or the Organizing Committee after race. Each chip will be refunded 100 RMB. In the case that the timing chip is lost or damaged, the deposit is non-refundable. If a participant fails to handle the refund within the time specified, the Organizing Committee will deem it as a waiver and the deposit will not be refunded.